What RIDLC Can Do For You
If You Are An Individual With A Disability
RIDLC helps people with legal issues related to their disabilities. We offer different kinds of help in the following ways:
- Providing information and referral to other agencies that can help you
- Offering individual advice and representation on priority legal issues
- Advocating for systems change to benefit groups of people with disabilities
- Investigating allegations of abuse or neglect in settings that serve people with disabilities
For a list of the issues we work on, see our Issues page.
Areas We Do Not Cover
RIDLC does not provide help for general legal issues that are not related to your disability. For example, we do not provide legal help on the following issues:
- Criminal Law
- Family Law (divorce, child custody, etc.)
- Financial Assistance, including:
- Cash benefits
- Debt collection
- Electricity/phone/other utility bills
- Property tax
- Rental or mortgage assistance
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Personal Injury and Malpractice
- Property Law
- Social Security Determinations or Appeals
- Special Needs Estate Planning
- Wills and Trusts
If You Are An Agency That Serves People With Disabilities
We can provide presentations on the legal issues that we work on.
We can also bring materials to your events/conferences for the disability community.
Please call us to find out more information.